13/03/2010

Just another day in paradise.







Not a whole pile happening since last I posted here. Oh, apart from the fact that the country is under martial law at the minute, but other than that nothing much. Actually, I quite like it, I've never been under martial law before uness you count Northern Ireland in the 70's when various curfews etc. were imposed from time to time. Actually, absolutely nothing has changed except the reports on the TV. I am in the sleepy little town of Trat towards the extreme East of the country, and it really is not giving off an aura of a place about to explode into civil war, more likely to implode into narcolepsy. The corner cafe still serves the most divine Thai red curry with pineapple and pork I have ever eaten, the beer in Oscars is still ice cold, the weather is still about 35 degrees and I still haven't got my finger out to move to Koh Chang. I think that anything thaqt is going to happen will happen in Bangkok so I'll steer clear for a while. I wasn't going to head back there anyway.

Rather than try to append images to the posts I have already made, I'll upload a few here of random things I saw in Cambo, including one which shows exactly how well the beard is coming along. Really, it is amazing what bored Khmer barmaids get up to with elastic bands!

The general plan, insofar as there is one, is to head back to Cambo, spend a bit more time in the South, possibly Kampot, Kep, Bokor maybe, definitely some diving and then meander across towards the Vietnamese border. I'm not sure if I will have to go back to Phnom Penh for a visa, I'll need to check. After that, remarkably, it will be time to think about heading back to head home. I really cannot believe I have been on the road for the best part of four months now, it really doesn't seem like it.

Hope you enjoy the photos and in the unlikely event of it all kicking off here, I am well-placed to become a war correspondnet, I always fancied that.

Speak soon,

Fergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment